jeudi 24 novembre 2011

A Letter from Sydney. A fantastic month in Australia !

Thursday, August 29 th, 2011.



Dear Julie,


It's been ages since I was last in touch ! That's why I send you this letter, telling you what I did during these vacations.
As you already know, I went to Australia for a month with my family.
It was WONDERFUL ! We discovered so many things there aren't in France !


We decided to settle in a little flat, in the centre of Sydney. My mother took this decision because she wanted to discover the Opera, in this city. And we visited it three times, (in the big despair of my brother) !! To me, this choice was perfect because there were so many shops. Besides, I brought back a little present to you.   :)

People were so welcoming to us, we got on well with an Australian family, the Andersons'. They had three sons : the eldest, Med, was nineteen, the second, John was eleven (like my brother), and the little baby Jerry was two years old, SO CUTE !
We met them in a park around a cookout. Indeed, Australians make available to all some barbecues in public places. I found it so friendly, didn't you ?


The first week, we decided to discover the landscape in our little car. In the middle of the day, we met a kangaroo, taken out from nowhere which literaly destroyed our poor car. Fortunately, the kangaroo was safe and sound and it continued to jump over the forest.
We had to wait for the breakdown truck for 3 hours !!
But during that so long time, we met a koala with its baby, and my brother succeeded in feeding them with bamboo shots.
So, finally we didn't get bored very much.
When we went back home we finished our week lazing in the sun on Australian beaches. The climate is semi arid in here so, imagine, we were so hot !

Well, we had to rent a 4x4 with a big bumper, to discover the landscape well (that's what we did the third week).




My brother, who is fascinated by wild animals was right, Australia is full of them, but there are also dangerous animals !
The last week, we were playing on a golf course, when something incredible happened to us.
I was sitting with my mother on the grass, next to a lake, when suddenly, she shouted. She said she caught a glimpse of a big shark in the water. Of course, we laughed at her ... until we really saw a big fin appear.
I ran out and someone filmed that incredible moment (here).




By the way, I couldn't forget you when I was walking in Sydney. I know you're fond of music, and I saw people playing the didgeridoo ! It's made of bamboo and it makes a strange sound I had never heard before.


I hope everything is all right for you, even if you miss me (;
See you soon !

Lot of Love <3


Justine

2 commentaires:

  1. As your trip looks amazing Justine. I believe that going to Australia is one of my dreams and your letter gives me even more want to go! You are very lucky.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Oh yes I know it, it was really such an interesting trip !

    RépondreSupprimer

Qui êtes-vous ?

Ma photo
I'm in the first year of a Linguistics degree at Stendhal University.

Membres